The world of essential oils has opened our eyes to learning and discovering new ways to improve our lifestyle. One of the ways we have chosen to take charge of our health is to minimize our exposure (or eliminate them altogether) to chemicals in our home, and specifically in our personal care products.
Making changes isn’t all that hard, but it does require some discipline and commitment. It’s similar to making changes to your diet or exercise plan. For us, success is measured in small steps, not across the board changes all at once. One step we’ve made is to go all-natural with hair care and avoid hair sprays, gels and other “hair care” products that are sold in salons shelves.
The following mixture is our exclusive twist to a popular recipe (Sweet and Sassy Hair) by Melissa Poepping, CNHP in her book, The Chemical Free Home (which we highly recommend). This variation has a very pleasant aroma and helps your hair shine while providing your scalp with nutrients.
- 8 oz. glass spray bottle (abundanthealth4u.com)
- 6 oz. of distilled or purified water (we personally avoid municipal tap water)
- 0.5 – 1.0 oz. of quality witch hazel
- Lavender essential oil – 15 drops
- Lemon essential oil – 10 drops
- Cedarwood essential oil – 8 drops
- Rosemary essential oil – 3 drops
- Joy essential oil – 3 drops