The best time for starting is right now.
We have a good friend, John Frazier of Frazier Nursery just outside our hometown of Vinton. We’ve known John since high school (he was our high school cross country coach) and both of our boys were in his elementary classes. But in John’s nursery business, we often hear him recite an old Chinese proverb about the best time to plant a new tree…
“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Don’t you just love little bits of wisdom like that? And it’s true! The point of the proverb is that there’s always a reason (excuse?) not to start something because someone else will do it, or its time has passed. But the reality is that right now is the perfect time to start something! Everybody knows that if you put something off, the chances are you’ll never do it.
I feel energized in the Spring and I like to ride that wave of productivity as long as I can. I think it’s the emergence of flowers and green grass, warm weather, dreams about summer vacation, sitting around the fire, etc.
So this Spring, Beth and I started to rethink what our Young Living business means to us. We’re discussing the reasons why we chose to build a business with Young Living. It turns out that our “why” was really pretty easy to define. We kept coming back to the three words: wellness, purpose and abundance. We’ve learned so much about how to be happier, healthier and prosperous. But Young Living has helped us achieve our Why by teaching us how to open our hearts to showing others how to do have wellness, purpose and abundance. So we began writing down our thoughts, and here’s what we came up with so far:
Our mission is to live each day to its fullest. We choose to be intentional about our health so that we feel our best, so we can give our best. We will choose to have a joyful and optimistic outlook as we strive for balance in all areas of living. We seek to leave a lasting, positive impact on everyone we meet, hoping to make a difference in the life for one person, or God willing, many persons. Our mission is to encourage and inspire others to do the same and contribute to Young Living’s vision to see essential oils in every home in the world.
We have a lots of goals and big dreams to accomplish and they all seem to revolve around the incredible opportunities that Young Living provides for us, for you, for your family…and beyond. You probably know that YL has products that are good for your family’s health beyond the everyday essential oils, with products like all-natural toothpaste, premium quality nutritional supplements that actually work, and products for your kids that you know are safe to use. We want to introduce as many people to these as possible. So…
Let’s team up and get the word out!
We want to give you the resources, confidence and support so that you can host your own in-home class. Therefore we’ve created a sweet little prize package to inspire you to host your first YL event:
If you host a meeting and get 2-5 people (or more) to come, Beth and I will:
- Give you a super cool oil travel pouch with 8 bottles to hold your favorite essential oils and labels. These are PERFECT for gym bags, purses and back packs! (I like them because they’re Man Approved!)
- Plus we’ll provide you with some door prizes for your guests; things like sample oils, Ningxia Red samples or product samples (like Thieves toothpaste).
- We will help you lead the class so you can see how easy it is and take the pressure off of you on the first one.
- Your job is to invite your friends who you think are interested. That’s it. Most people are excited to learn more about essential oils because they’ve heard about them, but have little understanding of them. We’ll even help you with some simple techniques for inviting others. Let us know when you’re planning it and we’ll be there – just give us a few days notice. FYI, we can even do these remotely if you’re a long distance away.
Let’s build your own incredible YL business!
Some of you have really been bitten by the oils bug and are actively sharing YL with others and now you have a team of ‘oily people’ of your own. So we decided that it would be fun to see your passion really start to take off!
Achieve the rank of Star (500 OGV) and signup 2 new wholesale members with a premium starter kit:
- A Vitality essential oil
- Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier, 2 oz.
- Chemical Free Home book by Melissa Poepping
- BONUS: If this is the first time you reach Star we’ll also include 10 of the awesome “Simply Sharing” booklets
Reach 1000 OGV and signup 2 new wholesale members with a premium starter kit:
- “Wellness, Purpose, Abundance” glass water bottle so you can drink your Vitality oils all day. 🙂
- A Vitality essential oil
- A surprise essential oil blend (something cool!)
Achieve the rank of Senior Star (2000 OGV) and signup 2 new wholesale members with a premium starter kit:
- Bottle of Ningxia Red (woohoo!)
- Ningxia Red 2 oz. shot glass for your daily NR blast
- “Wellness, Purpose, Abundance” glass water bottle so you can drink your Vitality oils all day!
- A surprise essential oil blend (something extra cool!)
All of these bonuses are above and beyond the monthly bonuses you can qualify for from Young Living. Also, this is something we are doing independently – it’s not a YL promotion. And we chose to do it based on results, not in a contest form. That means if you DO it, you WILL get the rewards!
But there’s a catch (you knew there would be). This promotion starts May 20, 2016 and ends at midnight on June 30, 2016. So that means you might want to start now. The ranks are measured by the activity you do in a month… and every one of them is absolutely attainable, even if you’re starting from zero. Seriously!
Young Living can change people’s lives! Let’s start with yours.
It’s our hope that you will help us accomplish Young Living’s vision of getting essential oils into every home in the world. It all starts by sharing them with someone else.
Since I opened with a little story, I’ll close it with a another. The other day we were having coffee with a very good friend and dreaming some big dreams together. Beth got a little choked up when she shared that one of her dreams is to be able to gift oils to people who desperately need them but can’t afford them. What’s your dream?
What an awesome world we live in where dreams aren’t only possible, but we can make them happen. YL has taught us how to not only be aware with our eyes of people in need, but with open hearts, too. You can’t put a price tag on that.
P.S. Monday, May 23rd we are having a “customer appreciation party” at Celebration Park in Vinton starting at 6PM. We’ve already sent you an email and a text, but that was just to people within a reasonable driving distance. Then we realized you might be nearby or at a minimum that you would like to know we do this kind of thing. It’s actually our very first one and we’re already planning another one later in the year.
We would love to have you join us for our Ningxia Bar complete with “shots” (where we spike the NR with some oils – YUM), a campfire with s’mores and some fun prizes you could win. The forecast looks AWESOME so hopefully you can make it! Bring the family. It’s not a meeting, just a gathering of oily peeps.